Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Will_M
    New

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: gd-system-plugin.php

Team,

I have a critical error on my site, something thst no amount of reloading from backups seems to solve. With Debugging on, I get the following errror message. Any of the experts out there able to suggest a course of action? Thanks for any assistance.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'WPaaS\Admin\Block_Editor' not found in /var/www/wp-content/mu-plugins/gd-system-plugin.php:126 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/wp-content/mu-plugins/gd-system-plugin/includes/trait-singleton.php(29): WPaaS\Plugin->__construct() #1 /var/www/wp-content/mu-plugins/gd-system-plugin/includes/autoload.php(61): WPaaS\Plugin::load() #2 /var/www/wp-content/mu-plugins/gd-system-plugin.php(200): WPaaS\plugin() #3 /var/www/wp-settings.php(308): include_once('/var/www/wp-con...') #4 /var/www/wp-config.php(179): require_once('/var/www/wp-set...') #5 /var/www/wp-load.php(37): require_once('/var/www/wp-con...') #6 /var/www/wp-blog-header.php(13): require_once('/var/www/wp-loa...') #7 /var/www/index.php(17): require('/var/www/wp-blo...') #8 {main} thrown in /var/www/wp-content/mu-plugins/gd-system-plugin.php on line 126

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    ryanfrizzell
    Employee

Hey Will,

I suspect this issue is resolved now given the time that has past since you posted this. I just wanted to comment here in case others from the community encounter the issue.

For a fatal error like this, the first step is to test for conflicts with a plugin or theme. So activating a default theme like TwentyTwenty and deactivating all plugins then enabling them one-by-one to test the issue in between, with the goal of isolating the conflicting plugin or theme.

Next, you can try restoring from a backup, which may resolve the issue. However it's important to note that any content that was added after the restored site date will be lost in that process.

In this case the error is pointing the the GoDaddy system must-use plugin which is installed on all Managed WordPress sites.

Since the issue persisted after trying to restore from backup it's best to get in touch with our support team so that we can investigate. If you are on the Managed WordPress - Ecommerce tier, you can reach expert WordPress/WooCommerce help directly using the "GetHelp" link that appears in your WordPress admin.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    ryanfrizzell
    Employee

Hey Will,

I suspect this issue is resolved now given the time that has past since you posted this. I just wanted to comment here in case others from the community encounter the issue.

For a fatal error like this, the first step is to test for conflicts with a plugin or theme. So activating a default theme like TwentyTwenty and deactivating all plugins then enabling them one-by-one to test the issue in between, with the goal of isolating the conflicting plugin or theme.

Next, you can try restoring from a backup, which may resolve the issue. However it's important to note that any content that was added after the restored site date will be lost in that process.

In this case the error is pointing the the GoDaddy system must-use plugin which is installed on all Managed WordPress sites.

Since the issue persisted after trying to restore from backup it's best to get in touch with our support team so that we can investigate. If you are on the Managed WordPress - Ecommerce tier, you can reach expert WordPress/WooCommerce help directly using the "GetHelp" link that appears in your WordPress admin.

View solution in original post