• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Free email with Wordpress Managed Hosting?

I bought the basic Office 365 email last year but my site only needs one address and does not need Office. I need basic email forwarded to my email account at Gmail. I do not want to pay for fancy Office email and do not need their apps. I have my own Office 365 account at home for my Wife and I. Can anyone tell me how to dump the Office but keep the email? I want one address attached to my hosted site name and I think I know how to forward it after that.

10 REPLIES 10
    Super User III
    Super User III

Re: Free email with Wordpress Managed Hosting?

@rnewman19 

It is my understanding that you can still get free email forwarding from GoDaddy - if you go to https://wcc.godaddy.com you should see any available credits. This is just a forward - not a mailbox. 

You would then just need to update your MX records and make sure to cancel the Office 365 account.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

FYI, I just got off the phone with GoDaddy and they are suspending any form of free email with their Wordpress Hosting, all will cost about $60/year now, both 365 and IMAP. I am likely moving my site.

Super User III
    Super User III

@rnewman19 

To the best of my knowledge your statement is correct - GoDaddy is no longer offering free email (IMAP/POP) accounts. The are (as far as I'm aware) still offering Free Forwarding - but it sounds like you want an actual mailbox.

I'm not aware of any providers that offer a Managed Platform with Free Email. 

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

FYI,

Siteground offers free email with all three of their managed WP Hosting plans.

Oh, and thanks for the input. I need an email that is made off my domain, it can forward to an external but it must use the WP Domain hosted at GD.  Can I set it up to forward without an email box at GD and subsequent cost?

Super User III
    Super User III

@rnewman19 

1) If you go to https://wcc.godaddy.com and go to all plans you "should" see free email forwarding - which you can setup something like info@yourdomain.com and have it forward to rnewman@otherdomain.com

2) I'm not 100% certain, but I believe SiteGround is selling an "optimized" cpanel as their Managed WordPress - where as with GoDaddy, they are managing the server / core WordPress

Highlighted

I still have one active 365 WP Site email active and just created another in the free email forwarding section. I set up this new email address in the email forwarding and forwarded it to my personal gmail. I then sent email to it from my work account and it bounces back as: 

ail Delivery Subsystem <mailer-daemon@googlemail.com>
    1:35 PM (18 minutes ago)

to me

Message not delivered
    Your message couldn't be delivered to support@fwana.orgbecause the remote server is misconfigured. See technical details below for more information.
    The response from the remote server was:

550 5.4.1 All recipient addresses rejected : Access denied

Super User III
    Super User III

@rnewman19 

You can't use office 365 and the free forwarding at the same time - you would have to change the mx records for the office365 one to the GoDaddy one

What is the correct MX Record for Free forwarding? I see what you mean as it has outlook.com in the path now.

Solution

Hi @rnewman19,

Welcome to the Community.

Here is the DNS required for Workspace email in a GoDaddy account. There are 2 MX records, that would need to replace the one used for Office 365 email.

DNS for Workspace Email

MX 10         mailstore1.secureserver.net

MX 0         smtp.secureserver.net

Host Names (CNAME)

POP         pop.secureserver.net

IMAP         imap.secureserver.net

SMTP         smtpout.secureserver.net

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support