• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    New

GDaddy WordPress unbearably slow

I recently switched hosting providers to have everything with GoDaddy WordPress hosting and I'm shocked at how slow it is. Apparently it's running some old version of PHP as well? 5.6.3? How is that even possible?

Logging into the Admin area is slow. Navigating the Admin area is slow. Browsing my site is slow.

I'm giving it another week then switching providers unless someone has some advice on how to make it faster and upgrade PHP.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

Re: GDaddy WordPress unbearably slow

Most shared hosting is hit or miss when it comes to performance as it is heavily dependant on load. If you are set on using WordPress perhaps the GoDaddy Managed WordPress is something you should be looking at? See What is Managed WordPress?

Are you finding that this experience is consistent or sporadic? Has it gotten beget over time? 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

yes i also have this same issue.. its too slow when i am using the WordPress admin panels.. can anyone please tell me why this happens ??

My website is also slow.. Did you find any good service providers.?? Even I wanted to switch...Its really irritating..