• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted

Godaddy Wed Design Created my new website -- now nothing works!

This is a request for a proposal, or rather a cry for help.

LONG STORY SHORT:

GoDaddy WebDesign made me a shiny new website that apparently needs WooCommerce, which offers far too many options in terminology I don’t understand. (Apparently, the world has moved on since 2000, when I first opened my e-store!) I need to set up WooCommerce, especially the credit card and shipping options, methods, zones, etc., learn how to add new items, and probably some tasks I haven’t even thought of.

Can someone help me? Or do I have to kiss my money goodbye and go back to the former website? Was I ripped off?

LONG STORY

I’m a very small-scale book publisher. I started an online store with GoDaddy in 2000. The site and store run on Website Builder and Quick Shopping Cart Deluxe.

Several months ago, GoDaddy called me to say that they were no longer supporting Quick Shopping Cart and offered to build me a custom website that would be supported and would look and perform better than my existing site. Unfortunately, I believed them. When the site was finished, it did indeed look better. It happened to be in WordPress, which I knew of, but had never used. I asked them how the site would accept payments, and they essentially waved their hands and said, “We don’t do that. You have to do it yourself.” Not good. I felt ripped off.

So, I went into the back end of the store. It’s not obvious how it is set up—what’s coming from WordPress and what’s coming from WooCommerce. It looked as if I would be able to learn to use WordPress, but the WooCommerce part is beyond me—not in the sense that I could never learn it, but rather that I don’t have the time.

2 REPLIES 2
    Super User II
    Super User II

Re: Godaddy Wed Design Created my new website -- now nothing works!

Hello 

Zulfiqar Anees | GoDaddy Pro | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, and ZulWeb.

Re: Godaddy Wed Design Created my new website -- now nothing works!

Hi @SwordPlay,

Welcome to the Community!

The volunteers in our GoDaddy Community are not able to assist you with any issues you may have with our Professional Web Services. Did you arrange for a standard website to be built? Or an eCommerce website? If you're not satisfied with the website that was created for you, please contact that team directly to discuss your options and any future maintenance services. They'll be able to access your account and review your project with you. 

You may contact them through the email you received on the project. Or you can call them at 

(480) 366-3336, Mon-Fri 6am-6:30pm (PDT).

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support