Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

HTTP timeouts, WP not backing up, Twitter cards not working

Hi everyone,

Hoping others can tell me if this happening to them and hoping GoDaddy will let me know what's going on.

I noticed on Thursday that Twitter Card Validator could not create summary cards for my website any more. The issue Twitter lists is Failed to fetch page due to: HttpConnectionTimeout. 

I checked my .htaccess, .robots, plugins, and other things that could be causing the issue. Nothing was wrong. 

In my MWH manage section for the site, I saw that GoDaddy has been unable to back up my site since Wednesday. Now, I knew this wasn't a change I had made because I'm not on my computer on Wednesdays. I checked my other Managed Wordpress sites and found the same error-- backups aren't running since Wednesday morning because "The duration of this backup was unusually long."

Since it's happening on every site, and I only actively update one of my sites, this must be a GoDaddy issue, right? So what's going on? Anyone else notice this?

--UPDATE-- After reviewing the Wordpress.org forums, similar timeout issues appear to be happening to other Wordpress users ever since the new version went out earlier this week. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    ryanfrizzell
    Employee

Hey @lexclarklex 

Thanks so much for sharing your experience here with the community. 

It sounds as though your site may have been experiencing a few separate issues. Please feel free to keep an eye on our system status page in case there is a system wide outages and get in touch with our Care team when you are encountering issues so that we can investigate.

Regarding the Twitter Cards issue, our engineers monitor site traffic and have systems in place to mitigate unwanted traffic spikes from bots or other illegitimate traffic. However in some cases these systems may be unintentionally suppressing HTTP requests between 3rd party services intermittently. Our team is aware that this has been happening for Twitter Cards in some cases recently and is working on a fix. In the meantime, if you encounter this issue, deleting your card and attempting a re-post may resolve it in subsequent attempt.

In terms of the WordPress.org forums and would you be willing to share a link to the reference you found in case it can be helpful to others in the community?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    ryanfrizzell
    Employee

Hey @lexclarklex 

Thanks so much for sharing your experience here with the community. 

It sounds as though your site may have been experiencing a few separate issues. Please feel free to keep an eye on our system status page in case there is a system wide outages and get in touch with our Care team when you are encountering issues so that we can investigate.

Regarding the Twitter Cards issue, our engineers monitor site traffic and have systems in place to mitigate unwanted traffic spikes from bots or other illegitimate traffic. However in some cases these systems may be unintentionally suppressing HTTP requests between 3rd party services intermittently. Our team is aware that this has been happening for Twitter Cards in some cases recently and is working on a fix. In the meantime, if you encounter this issue, deleting your card and attempting a re-post may resolve it in subsequent attempt.

In terms of the WordPress.org forums and would you be willing to share a link to the reference you found in case it can be helpful to others in the community?

View solution in original post