• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Hacked or not hacked... that is the question???

So I feel like I have been banging my head against a brick wall for the best part of a year.  My little website seems to be continually hacked and now it is off line altogether.  I have emailed Go Daddy and spoke to them on the phone but still my domain remains the same.  

Does anyone else have these problems or is it just me?  Can anyone shine a light before I just go mad?  I have paid a lot of money for the website and as a small business it is not easy come by:

I received 2 emails on two different occasions during this year.  They were about my Wordpress and that it needed updating. (Easy enough if you can get on there to do it)  The second email however, was not for my website it had another website on it that began fza.myftpupload  This also appears on my domains as though I own it?  If I paste it into the browser it actually takes me to my web-page which also tells me that the page is not secure.  I have bought security for the web-page so not sure how this has happened.

Go Daddy told me it was hacked and they said they had sorted it.  I know it was hacked because Google also told me in a report that I was able to see on the google page.

Does anyone else have anything on their Domains like this or anything in their domains that is not a domain name they have purchased???  I am baffled.  I have already had to take the site down several times and the amount of time it has cost me to build and do everything just seems wasted not to mention the money spent.  I work with vulnerable clients so I need the site to work properly.  

Does anyone have any advice or anything.

Thank you for reading my post.

J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Community Manager

Hi @inky. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! I think there are probably two separate issues to be considered here. If you received a warning from Google regarding your site, it seems likely that there was some kind of compromise with the site that needed to be cleaned up. However, that wouldn't be why you're seeing a "myftpupload.com" site. This is actually part of our Managed WordPress environment, known as a staging domain. Staging sites are usually copies of your existing site that you can use to make changes to your site without making them appear on your regular domain. A staging site will usually start with random numbers and letters and end in .myftpupload.com. That's probably why the site in question shows the same content as your main domain. I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Community Manager

Hi @inky. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! I think there are probably two separate issues to be considered here. If you received a warning from Google regarding your site, it seems likely that there was some kind of compromise with the site that needed to be cleaned up. However, that wouldn't be why you're seeing a "myftpupload.com" site. This is actually part of our Managed WordPress environment, known as a staging domain. Staging sites are usually copies of your existing site that you can use to make changes to your site without making them appear on your regular domain. A staging site will usually start with random numbers and letters and end in .myftpupload.com. That's probably why the site in question shows the same content as your main domain. I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post