• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Hosting and DNS

I have a hosting with Godaddy and an external domain.

I am unable to connect the domain and website.

Please advise what is the correct nameserver to use

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ramesh77uom 

If the registrar offers you DNS and you are managing it there - you do not need to change it to GoDaddy if you don't want to. If they don't provide DNS then you need to use GoDaddy

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
    Super User IV

@ramesh77uom 

I see you posted this in the Managed WordPress board - assuming your site is on Managed WordPress - you would just need to adjust the @ record in your DNS where you are currently managing the DNS - if you need to move the DNS to GoDaddy - if you goto https://dcc.godaddy.com under DNS there is an option to host DNS where you can add the domain and then it will provide you the name servers to use

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Should I change the DNS on godaddy or on the register where I bought the domain say register.mu where I bought quotation.mu

@ramesh77uom 

If the registrar offers you DNS and you are managing it there - you do not need to change it to GoDaddy if you don't want to. If they don't provide DNS then you need to use GoDaddy

View solution in original post