• Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How to create subdomain on managed wordpress account

Hi,

I need to help how to create a subdomain i.e. dev.mydomain.com on a Managed Wordpress subscription package.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Re: How to create subdomain on managed wordpress account

Hey @bokikoy

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

You should be able to specify the subdomain you want to setup a new site for when adding new sites to your plan.  

Hope that helps. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

We need a better answer to this question, please. Some sort of help file would be great.

I would also like to know the answer to this. The answer the moderator gave is not helpful. I've been looking all over the internet and still can't find a solution. 

Solution

Guys, hosting a subdomain on Managed WordPress with GoDaddy requires a separate Managed WP hosting plan for each subdomain.

So, even if you have your main website hosted on Managed WP with GoDaddy, you will still need to buy a new Managed WP hosting for every single subdomain you want to host.

The only way to host multiple subdomains on the same hosting plan is to opt for GoDaddy cPanel hosting where you can host multiple subdomains on the same hosting plan.

Or, alternatively, if you don't want to go with cPanel hosting, then instead of using subdomains (members.xyz.com), you may want to consider subdirectories (xyz.com/members) which you can create to your heart's content on the same Managed WP hosted site. I hope this helps!

Highlighted
    New
    Solution