• Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

How to download backups...

I'm can't get my head around on how to have a physical copy of my website on my computer, i know GoDaddy offers a way to back up the site but how can download those backups?

I don't get why GoDaddy is not making this feature available, i think having a copy of your website is a MUST.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks,

Regards, JayRally

2 REPLIES 2
    Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

Re: How to download backups...

@JayRally 

While the Managed WordPress platform does provide for daily backup, it does not have the ability to download the backup file.

You have a few options

1) You can use ProSites from GoDaddy (This is ManageWP.com within your GoDaddy account)

Then you can use that to backup the site to Amazon S3 and their system allows you to download the backup

2) You can also install a backup plugin (like updraft for example) and run that and then download the backup

If you run the backup plugin option I just caution to watch the settings as if not careful it can store many copies of the backup on the server and take up a lot of space

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Re: How to download backups...

Thanks for the awesome reply, i never knew about ProSites and it does everything i wanted, GoDaddy should definitely push it more on his users.

Thanks.