• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How to install SSL certificate in Deluxe Manage WordPress Hosting

I am having troubles installing ssl certificate for a deluxe manage wordpress account. I purchased the ssl from comdo. i have all the files i just need to know how to install it with Godaddy since there is no cpanel.

6 REPLIES 6
    Highlighted
    Solution

Re: How to install SSL certificate in Deluxe Manage WordPress Hosting

Hello @susan11, it's not possible to use a third party SSL with a Managed Wordpress hosting plan.  You would need to either use a GoDaddy SSL, or switch your hosting to a cPanel plan which would allow such an installation.  

MPC

Can you help as I am unable to install SSL certificate which is purchased from godaddy to the deluxe manage wordpress hosting. I do not see any option since there is no cpanel.

I'm in a pretty similar position. Trying to install a previously owned godaddy wildcard SSL to a Managed Wordpress hosting and cannot. I'm reading from here:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/install-ssl-certificates-16623?locale=en

"If you are using Managed WordPress or GoCentral, your SSL certificate is automatically installed for you."

So I'm guessing it should have just been installed by itself as soon as I set the domain for the instance, but it wasn't, I'm guessing either because it's a wildcard SSL of the domain, or because it was issued before the hosting instance was even created. Is there a way to tell it to use this SSL after the fact?

Solution

I was facing the same issue and solved it by following these steps:

1. Click 'Manage' for your SSL Certificate on GoDaddy Dashboard (Overview)

2. Click 'Rekey and Manage'

3. Click on the + sign for the option 'Change the site that your certificate protects'

4. Use the dropdown (do not type) and select the relevant hosted domain

5. Click Save for the option and  'Submit all saved changes' as well

Then wait about 30-45 minutes, the SSL certificate will be installed automatically. You can check in the Managed WP Overview for your page.

Hope it helps!

The issue is that it won't present the domain but my wildcard in there, so the dropdown will say *.mysite.com and not www.mysite.com 

It also says "When you change the domain name that your certificate protects, you're changing that certificate's common name." and I don't want to do that as this certificate protects other subdomains. 

A wildcard certificate also protects the 'www' subdomain and basically anything that stands before '.mysite.com', so that should be no problem.