• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

How to uninstall current wordpress files from hosting?

I am helping someone put a new wordpress site together however there are old wp files already existing. We want to wipe out all those old wp files and start fresh. New wp installation, login, everything. Is there a way to quickly remove all current wp files? Or do I have to do this manually? My concern is I'll miss some files or remove something I should not have if I do it manually.

EDIT: I do not know the name or password of current wp admin so I can't login. Person I'm helping cannot remember either.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
    Helper V

Re: How to uninstall current wordpress files from hosting?

@Sanzen85 wrote:

I am helping someone put a new wordpress site together however there are old wp files already existing. We want to wipe out all those old wp files and start fresh. New wp installation, login, everything. Is there a way to quickly remove all current wp files? Or do I have to do this manually? My concern is I'll miss some files or remove something I should not have if I do it manually.

EDIT: I do not know the name or password of current wp admin so I can't login. Person I'm helping cannot remember either.

Thanks

Morning there,

If you have cpanel go to your phpmyadmin where your database lives. Find the table "admin_user". There is where the admin name and password lives. Edit. Go to your password, set the drop down function to "md5", put your password into the next box. You will see your password turn into numbers and letters. Go back to the login page (refresh), login with the new password. Should let you in.

Hope this helps

Mrsroadrunner Photography