• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Increase max upload and max post size in php

Hi guys! I'm have a real struggle today.

I need to increase the php memory settings as follows:

memory_limit = 256M
    upload_max_size = 64M
    post_max_size = 64M
    upload_max_filesize = 64M
    max_execution_time = 300
    max_input_time = 1000

I've tried logging in to the phpmyadmin site and uploading that as a text filed as php.ini and I just get an error. I also tried saving it as .user.ini and php.user.ini -- I'm really lost as this is far above my understanding, but I tried to do what others suggested in similar posts. 

Please don't point me to this link: https://www.godaddy.com/help/php-upload-limits-on-shared-hosting-1475

I've read it 50 times and it is getting me nowhere! 

4 REPLIES 4
    Super User II
    Super User II

Re: Increase max upload and max post size in php

Hello ajeancompton,

I hope you are well.  I have understand your  issue.  If you follow these instructions and it still doesn’t work, try renaming the file to php5.ini. Once the file is open, add or edit the following lines and then save and close.

upload_max_filesize = 1000M
    post_max_size = 2000M
    memory_limit = 3000M
    file_uploads = On
    max_execution_time = 180

If that addition to your php.ini file doesn’t do the trick, try editing your .htaccess file and add or edit the following code at the very bottom:

php_value upload_max_filesize 1000M
    php_value post_max_size 2000M
    php_value memory_limit 3000M
    php_value max_execution_time 180
    php_value max_input_time 180

Editing this code is similar to your php.ini file. Change the values to limits that best suit your needs. Don’t forget to save when you’re done and clear the cache for your browser.

If both of these are a no-go, try editing your wp-config.php file, adding the following to the very bottom, but just before the “happy blogging” line:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '3000M');

Save the file and clear your browser’s cache.

I hope these methods will work for you.

Zulfiqar Anees | GoDaddy Pro | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, and ZulWeb.

Hello,

That didn't work for me. When I tried to import that text file to phpmyadmin, I got this error message:

Error

SQL query:

upload_max_filesize = 1000Mpost_max_size = 2000Mmemory_limit = 3000Mfile_uploads = ON max_execution_time =180

MySQL said: Documentation

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'upload_max_filesize = 1000M
    post_max_size = 2000M
    memory_limit = 3000M
    file_u' at line 1 

Hi, I tried your second solution of editing my htaccess file and now my entire website is broken and I can't access it. 

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Product Team
    Product Team
    Solution

Hi @ajeancompton 

For our Managed WordPress configuration you'll want to use a .user.ini file instead.  Just drop your configs in there and upload it to your root directory.

Thanks,

Gabe

Gabriel A. Mays
    Head of WordPress, GoDaddy