• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Inline CSS added to source

In the theme I am using I have all the css for tables commented out of the the theme style sheets but have css showing up in the head inline.

<style id='activation02-inline-css' type='text/css'>

.... all the old styles ....

</style>

Where is this coming from and how to I stop or modify it? Any help is appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
    Super User III
    Super User III

Re: Inline CSS added to source

@gkboyles 

This could be from the theme or a plugin

Does your theme have an "advanced" section in the theme settings with custom CSS in it?

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

I am thinking it must be the output of the customizer styles as the css has the style for the site header image but there is no where in customizer to set these table styles and the only css in additional css is mine. 

Rockstar I Rockstar I
    Rockstar I
    Solution

Hi @gkboyles,

@PL281  is probably right with the way the theme/customizer is working.  If the theme/plugin uses tables for "price comparisons, info boxes, etc."  this code is going to be difficult to eliminate.  If modfying code at the css level is something you frequently do, you may want to check out something like OxygenBuilder.  https://oxygenbuilder.com/

It is a hybrid theme/page builder.  It takes a bit of patience learning, but it has a TON of flexibility.  While I've used it, its not my builder of choice, but it sounds like this type of programming environment may work for you.  Just a thought!

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

Yes I guess I will have to look into the parent theme. I looked in wp_posts, the child theme files and the beaver builder plugin files to no avail. Thanks for the feedback. It changes the background color on hover for <tr> sitewide which is very annoying.