Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Issue with changing a domain from one account to another

hey , i resently buy 2 domain ,

HalfVids

Bigg Boss 

Hello,

I'm transferring a domain from an account to my account on GoDaddy and changed the registrant details, the first account's owner told me that he has received an alert that the transfer is in progress. But when I accepted the transfer to my account, I got an alert saying:

"Thank you but you're not quite done, you've changed registrant details, ICANN requires both the current and new owner to approve these updates, we've sent emails to the emails on file for those individuals before the transfer can be completed, you must review the email and approve the updates".

Now two days have passed, and I didn't receive any emails from GoDaddy. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
    Highlighted
    Super User II
    Super User II
    Solution

Re: Domain transfer Problem

@Rpm2 wrote:

hey , i resently buy 2 domain ,

HalfVids

Bigg Boss 

Hello,

I'm transferring a domain from an account to my account on GoDaddy and changed the registrant details, the first account's owner told me that he has received an alert that the transfer is in progress. But when I accepted the transfer to my account, I got an alert saying:

"Thank you but you're not quite done, you've changed registrant details, ICANN requires both the current and new owner to approve these updates, we've sent emails to the emails on file for those individuals before the transfer can be completed, you must review the email and approve the updates".

Now two days have passed, and I didn't receive any emails from GoDaddy. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

@Rpm2  have you checked the whois database to see what the contact details are? https://www.godaddy.com/whois/

In my experience they do not send the email every time, it just automatically updates.

----