• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted

Issues using DeployBot with Managed WordPress Environments

I usually keep my entire WordPress repo in version control, not just the specific theme or plugin. Some sites that I work on require setting up extra global variables in the config file. 

My workflow usually follows something like this :

1. Setup repo on Bitbucket / GitHub
    2. Setup automatic deployment using DeployBot for Staging and Production
    3. On push for my 'dev' branch, it will auto deploy to the staging environment

However, the DeployBot is either timing out with connection issues or file permissions. But, I am just trying to push the default WordPress repo.

I read that there are certain files we cannot edit, but I would like to be able to maintain my workflow with GoDaddy Managed WordPress hosting.

1 REPLY 1
    Highlighted
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: Issues using DeployBot with Managed WordPress Environments

Hi @TheMobiDevCo. Sorry you never got a reply to this thread.  Regarding Managed WordPress accounts, I can tell you that there's 1) no way to edit core WordPress files and 2) no way to prevent core file updates pushed out by the system. I don't think Managed WordPress will work for the way you want to manage your sites. However, something like our Business Hosting might be what you need. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.