• Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Issues with Ninja Forms not sending confirmation email

I’ve set up a contact form on my client’s website. The site is hosted with GoDaddy Managed Wordpress.

I’m using Ninja Forms for the contact form (which I've used successfully many times before – but never with Godaddy).

The problem I’ve been having is that notification emails weren’t being received. The form is configured so that two emails should be sent – one to the client, and a confirmation should also go to the person who submitted the form.

The ‘from’ email address for both emails matches the domain of the website. The client uses Office 365 for their emails – their account is directly with Microsoft, not through Godaddy.

After reading lots of posts about similar issues, I decided to try using an SMTP plugin (Post SMTP). I have also amended the spf record.

I’ve set up the Post SMTP plugin to use relay-hosting.secureserver.net on port 25.

The spf record was previously: v=spf1 include:spf.protection.outlook.com -all

I’ve changed this to: v=spf1 include:spf.protection.outlook.com include:secureserver.net -all

After doing this the notification emails are now getting through successfully to the client. So that’s one half of the problem fixed.

But the confirmation emails are still not getting through to the person who submits the form. So that’s the problem I’m trying to fix. I’ve checked spam folders - nothing there. Very occasionally an email will get through, but after a very long delay (40 minutes for example).

Strangely, confirmation emails do get through if I submit using my Gmail email address.

I’ll just ditch the confirmation emails if I can’t find a fix, but that would be a shame. I’ve never had problems until trying to do this on a GoDaddy site. It’s always been really simple to set up.

Can anyone suggest what the problem might be? Do I need to make further changes to the spf record?

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Issues with Ninja Forms not sending confirmation email

I am having the same problem- ninja forms for a wordpress site hosted by godaddy will not send confirmation emails to an office 365 email account. I've tested it with aol.com email and gmail.com email and those go through but any confirmation email will not send to my godaddy domain office 365 email. so frustrating! 

Super User III
    Super User III

@dianebolden @danbooth 

I'm not 100% positive on this but it may have to do with the Managed WordPress platform itself. Maybe @JesseW can find out some further info. It also may help if you contact Hosting Support at GoDaddy as well (links at top of page.)

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Thanks for the tag @MrVapor@dianebolden @danbooth I'm not aware of any issues with Managed WordPress and Ninja forms specifically. However, this doesn't sound like a hosting platform issue to me. The commonality here is that it is working for some emails like AOL and Gmail, but not Office 365. It seems more likely to me that the problem is that the Office 365 addresses are not accepting the messages. For that, the best thing to do would be to reach out to our care team so they can have our advanced team see if they can confirm messages are being rejected. They should be able to do so. Hopefully that helps you move forward.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.