• Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Loading chat & I need help ASAP

and the chat seems down or something, it keeps loading forever and I've also checked 6 hours ago or so. I've tried accessing it via private windows, clearing cache, accessing it via US and UK page. My website randomly went down after purchasing SSL from GoDaddy 😕 Help

18 REPLIES 18
    Super User III
    Super User III

Re: Loading chat & I need help ASAP

@neonsidee 

As we are end users we will not be able to help with the chat not loading, but if you can provide your URL we can take a look / suggest things to try with your website

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

My website is premiumdeal.org. I am guessing some plugin messed up or there are http problems idk ._. Help
    Super User III
    Super User III

@neonsidee 

1) You should have cautioned about NSFW - I work from home office so no biggie

2) This is on Managed WordPress - I've never seen a 500 error thrown on HTTPS vs HTTP

3) When I try to get to the admin without HTTPS I get the same thing

Here is what I would suggest 

1) via SFTP check your .htaccess file just to make sure there is nothing amiss there

2)  via https://myh.godaddy.com goto phpMyAdmin for your site - you want to find the options table and then you need the "active_plugins" row - find this row and update the value to be 

a:0:{}

This will de-activate any of your plugins - then you should be able to get back in and get to the site

3) If the first 2 steps don't work try to reset the SSL (https://certs.godaddy.com) and you can "re-key" / "re-issue" the SSL

4) If after all that things still aren't working you'll need to get in touch with GoDaddy

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Sorry for NSFW, and eh I can't access SFTP on filezilla for some reason, can't even access database

Super User III
    Super User III

@neonsidee 

I did notice when trying to enter the site I got a 404 error which would suggest to me that your issue might be with the .htaccess file

I personally use CyberDuck instead of FileZilla as I find it's a bit more responsive

Alright finally I accessed SFTP by entering IP into Host instead of my domain name.. How do I know if anything's good or bad in my .htaccess file?

Super User III
    Super User III

@neonsidee 

If you can post the htaccess file (or even a screen capture) we can take a look

there, also I can't find "Activate plugins" in phpmyadmin 😕

nevermind I found it activate_plugins right after I posted that ._.

Super User III
    Super User III

@neonsidee 

I'm not sure if the .htaccess file looks that way or if it is just because you pasted it into notepad

But it needs linebreaks in it and that could be part of your issue

Sorry, I am not sure why it looks like that in notepad, here I opened it in Notepad++

Super User III
    Super User III

@neonsidee 

Much Better - 

I would comment out (add a # in front of each line) the entire gd-ssl section 

I think that is conflicting with the WordPress section

Once we clean that up the site should load - you can then use a plugin like Really Simple SSL to force traffic over SSL

eh like this? Don't know if I did it correctly but website is still giving same errors.

Super User III
    Super User III

@neonsidee 

You did that 100% correct - 

However if I try to go to http://premiumdeal.org/my-account/ I got 404 and if I goto http://premiumdeal.org/wp-admin/ i get the internal server error - I still think there is something up with the htaccess file as that's why we can't get to the my account page - I'm able to get to some of the CSS / JS files

If you shut off the plugins I would delete everything in the .htaccess file - you "should" be able access the admin - the only other thing to adjust would be the theme that there is an issue there - that could explain why you are getting the Server Error 

Deleted everything from .htaccess, still same error.. ehh I didn't even get wordpress email that my website has technical difficulties, weird

Super User III
    Super User III

@neonsidee 

That is because this is an issue even before the WordPress stuff is loaded

Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

@neonsidee 

This issue should now be resolved - For the benefit of others reading this @neonsidee  provided me delegated access and I was able to take a closer look at what was going on.

1) I installed / activated Twenty Nineteen (via SFTP and the database)

I always recommend leaving the latest Twenty____ installed as WordPress has a built in feature that if anything happens to active theme it can automatically revert back to the default theme

2) I toggled to the myftpupload domain - this got the site back up and running

Doing this deactivates the SSL certificate and also resets certain permissions

3) I re-activated the plugins / re-saved the permalinks and changed back to the primary domain

We had deactivated them earlier wanted to make sure there wasn't any issue

4) Since you had website builder (GoCentral) with the same domain I toggled that off to the godaddy temp domain
    This may have been at the heart of the issue as GoDaddy provides an SSL on the GoCentral platform the keying of the certificate may have been off somewhere

5) I re-keyed the certificate to re-activate (https://certs.godaddy.com) this re-installed the certificate on the Managed WordPress site

After waiting for the certificate to install / configure I double checked and the site is now running and the pages are displaying correctly on the site.

Thank you kind Sir!