• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    New

Managed WordPress, FTP and/or database issue(s)

I have a managed WP site and need to change the nav-menus.php file under wp-config.  Since it doesn't appear that godaddy allows you to edit those files, I've create a staging version (cloned from production).  However I seem to have a couple issues there too:

1. When trying to access the staging site it's giving me a 'Error establishing a database connection' in the browser.  I went to the phpMyAdmin site, logged in with the correct userid and pwd, but the interface is only showing me the information_schema database.  Cloning production to staging doesn't seem to have created the WP database in staging.

2. Is it true I'm also not going to be able to change the nav-menus.php file (in wp-admin directory) even in staging (using something like Filezilla)?

Thanks for any help.

3 REPLIES 3
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: Managed WP, FTP and/or database issue(s)

Hi @PMI. Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

I'm not sure why you'd be getting a database connection error or why your database for the cloned site isn't complete. I'd recommend getting in contact with our support team regarding those. As for updating Managed WordPress files, you can access these via SFTP. However, it is true that you won't be able to change many core WordPress files. Those are protected in Managed WordPress. This is a security feature. You may be able to change them but the system will revert them back. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

How to change/reset the FTP password for the Managed WP sites?

Hey @nirmal_kumar,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

You actually can't change the sFTP password, but you can look it up with our instructions outlined here

Hope this helps.

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support