• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Managed WordPress Hosting

Can anyone help me with the issue below? I can't continue to call into GoDaddy Support every time I add a website, and seeing that they won't tell me what the issue is, I'm hoping someone here will be transparent with me. I already switched hosting providers for my client's websites as this became too much of a headache; however, I'm on the Managed WordPress Hosting package (5 sites) for another 2 years so I would like to get some use of it. 

So here's what happens when I try to add a website (without a domain):

1. I'm notified the website is ready, so I login to the wp-admin area
    2. I try to add a theme, plugin or a user OR, and this just happened a moment ago, I was prompted to update the GoDaddy Email Marketing plugin that came with my package. 
      • the screen changes to a white background with the following message: The link you followed has expired. Please try again.
      • https://cl.ly/3772de5a9766
    3. If I click on Visit Site, the WP admin toolbar is not visible at the top of the page

What happens next? I call Support, explain the issue and request an explanation of why it continues to happen. They solve the issue, I don't get much of an explanation other than they needed to rebuild the website...and this process consumes approximately 2 hours of my time.  Keep in mind, this is a brand new website that I'm seeing these issues with consistently...this is right out of the box without a plugin or theme installed yet. 

I'm assuming the answer is no, but is this is a known issue? Do I need to do something differently? I'm not sure what I can be doing differently but I'm all-ears at this point. 

I've asked for a refund which was instantly refused. It's pretty frustrating that they won't acknowledge that this is a problem...you've already got my money, at least pretend to deliver the service you said you were going to deliver. 

5 REPLIES 5
    Helper V

Re: Managed WordPress Hosting

@laff141 wrote:

Can anyone help me with the issue below? I can't continue to call into GoDaddy Support every time I add a website, and seeing that they won't tell me what the issue is, I'm hoping someone here will be transparent with me. I already switched hosting providers for my client's websites as this became too much of a headache; however, I'm on the Managed WordPress Hosting package (5 sites) for another 2 years so I would like to get some use of it. 

So here's what happens when I try to add a website (without a domain):

1. I'm notified the website is ready, so I login to the wp-admin area
    2. I try to add a theme, plugin or a user OR, and this just happened a moment ago, I was prompted to update the GoDaddy Email Marketing plugin that came with my package. 
      • the screen changes to a white background with the following message: The link you followed has expired. Please try again.
      • https://cl.ly/3772de5a9766
    3. If I click on Visit Site, the WP admin toolbar is not visible at the top of the page

What happens next? I call Support, explain the issue and request an explanation of why it continues to happen. They solve the issue, I don't get much of an explanation other than they needed to rebuild the website...and this process consumes approximately 2 hours of my time.  Keep in mind, this is a brand new website that I'm seeing these issues with consistently...this is right out of the box without a plugin or theme installed yet. 

I'm assuming the answer is no, but is this is a known issue? Do I need to do something differently? I'm not sure what I can be doing differently but I'm all-ears at this point. 

I've asked for a refund which was instantly refused. It's pretty frustrating that they won't acknowledge that this is a problem...you've already got my money, at least pretend to deliver the service you said you were going to deliver. 

Hi there @laff141 ,

You have my curiosity , can you share a link to the other wordpress sites you have on the web without a domain ? I tried to replicate this in cpanel , wordpress manager and got this error;

The system found a new WordPress site, “/home/custom/public_html/wp-config.php”, but could not make it manageable because of the following error: The batch response did not contain the Administrator Information. at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/WordPress/YamlBuilder.pm line 305.

-------------

You have no domain associated with your wordpress ... while that error has a domain associated with it -

What does your admin panel url look like - sounds like you have done this before so curious how you got it to work !

Like I said you have my curiosity .......

Mrsroadrunner Photography

@mrsroadrunner sure, happy to share. Here's the one I added before my original post: http://t5k.15b.myftpupload.com

I just tried adding a User and it worked. Let me know if you'd like me to create a brand new site (without a domain). I'll hold off on doing anything further until you write back. I won't add a theme or anything. 

Helper V

@laff141 wrote:

@mrsroadrunner sure, happy to share. Here's the one I added before my original post: http://t5k.15b.myftpupload.com

I just tried adding a User and it worked. Let me know if you'd like me to create a brand new site (without a domain). I'll hold off on doing anything further until you write back. I won't add a theme or anything. 

Morning @laff141  ,
    The domain myftpupload.com is the domain name 😉

Interesting that I'm not having an issue uploading a theme or plugin now. Obviously I wouldn't go as far as switching hosting providers with 2 years left on my GoDaddy package, if this wasn't such an issue. The offer still stands that I will show step by step what happens when I add a website - I'm unable to add a plugin, theme, user...I call GoDaddy Support, they somehow fix it. I'm not doing anything unordinary here. 

Highlighted
    Helper V

@laff141 wrote:

Interesting that I'm not having an issue uploading a theme or plugin now. Obviously I wouldn't go as far as switching hosting providers with 2 years left on my GoDaddy package, if this wasn't such an issue. The offer still stands that I will show step by step what happens when I add a website - I'm unable to add a plugin, theme, user...I call GoDaddy Support, they somehow fix it. I'm not doing anything unordinary here. 

Hit here laff141 ,

Ya weird, i have the same set up on several of my domains (i have my server and a few cpanels) , and you are still having issues .... it sure would be interesting to know why you can not do these things -