• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Managed Wordpress Hosting Database issue

Oh My God! The Technical Support is so useless..

I have a managed wordpress hosting on which I have a blog hosted. I got an email day before saying that the Wordpress Install has been updated to the latest version.

I got to my blog and try to login to wp-admin. And it keeps redirecting me to the login page. No errors and no messages.

Here started the woes. 4 and a half hours on the phone (and my ears are still paining) and it is still unresolved. I am asked to do the same thing over and over again with no real help. Since I am a Wordpress developer and system administrator, at least I know some of what they are saying and I can confidently say that it is "CRAP".

I ran a debug on Wordpress and got this error message "WordPress database error: [The MySQL server is running with the --read-only option so it cannot execute this statement]".

I explained it to the technical support representatives and the strange response they come back with, "We cannot do anything to the database, so there is nothing we can do".

Funny, Isn't it? Considering that Managed Wordpress at Godaddy has restrictions on users managing databases, the core files etc.

When a technical support tells that to you (a customer), what does it mean?

1 REPLY 1
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: Managed Wordpress Hosting Database issue

Hi @dkspeaks. That definitely sounds like a frustrating situation. A read-only message would usually indicate an issue with the database permissions. Unfortunately, no one here on the community forums will have access to your account. If you are convinced that this is an issue within your GoDaddy account, you would need to continue working with our hosting team. Sorry Man Sad

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.