• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Managed Wordpress Hosting Remote SMTP Configuration

I use Godaddy Managed Wordpress hosting and also I took an office 365 mail account. I would like to configure smtp setting on my site but it didn't work.

I installed Postman SMTP plugin and setup it. But connection test didn't pass. You can see on my attechment

Error Screen -> https://s27.postimg.org/z4rs6impf/smtperror.jpg

I set to smtp server address smtp.office365.com:587

Postman SMTP warn me abaut of hosting firewall or php configuration. Can I set remote smtp server on my hosting?

3 REPLIES 3
    Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Re: Managed Wordpress Hosting Remote SMTP Configuration

Hi @mhyildirim. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community!

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. With our shared hosting plans (Managed WordPress, cPanel Hosting, Plesk Hosting, Web & Classic Hosting), you wouldn't be able to use an outside SMTP mail server, even Outlook. If you need to specify an SMTP server, please use relay-hosting.secureserver.net. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

@JesseW wrote:

Hi @mhyildirim. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community!

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. With our shared hosting plans (Managed WordPress, cPanel Hosting, Plesk Hosting, Web & Classic Hosting), you wouldn't be able to use an outside SMTP mail server, even Outlook. If you need to specify an SMTP server, please use relay-hosting.secureserver.net. Hope that helps. 

What does it mean to use  relay-hosting.secureserver.net? I cannot find it documented anywhere. Why is it so hard to use SMTP with Godaddy ?

New

Can GoDaddy make sure that the technical support team for email knows this information? I've spent time with over 3 tech support team members to try to correct a related issue (using the relay-hosting server with Outlook 365 - purchased through GoDaddy- means that my customers receiving emails from me on email services like Gmail may mark it as possibly a spoof email so I was trying to enter Outlook 365 SMTP credentials directly. I'm using WP Shared Hosting through GoDaddy). But no one on the tech support team was able to tell me that this isn't actually possible, even though I bought Outlook 365 services through GoDaddy, since according to this post, everyone on GoDaddy's shared hosting plan needs to use relay-hosting. So I just wasted many hours of my time and GoDaddy's tech support time too.