• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Migrating Wordpress from Localhost error

Bear with me because I am not computer savvy at all. I created my Wordpress site a few days ago. After having issues with the server, I decided to switch to GoDaddy for hosting. I also bought the domain name for my site. 

I am now trying to migrate Wordpress from Localhost to GoDaddy. The instructions are simple enough (site url, username and password for wordpress). However, every time I insert my username and password, it errors out and tells me it's incorrect. I know for a fact that both my username and password are correct. I've must've tried it over a hundred times at this point; it's been over an hour. I even reset my password in Wordpress. I've made sure my security plugins are disabled; I've cleared my cache. Is there anything else I can do? Help me please. I really do not want to manually migrate because I have no idea what I'm doing. Please tell me there is a solution for this. 

3 REPLIES 3
    Super User III
    Super User III

Re: Migrating Wordpress from Localhost error

@bexspencer 

What tool are you using to migrate from the local host? - Generally this requires a plugin installed on both the local and the "remote" (online) site and you export from one and import to the other

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hi, thank you so much for replying. I am using Duplicator (it's activated- I double checked). It still is telling me my password or username is incorrect, though. 

Highlighted
    Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

@bexspencer 

Ok - so I've used duplicator before (although not on Managed WordPress) so I'm assuming you used SFTP and uploaded the zip and the installer.php file to the root of the website???

When / where are you getting the error - can you post a screen capture (and blank out your personal information)

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community