• Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Migration Errors - Nobody Can Figure It Out

Hi,

I am trying to transfer my website to the ultimate Wordpress managed platform. 

I keep getting stuck in the same spot using the migration tool

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 1.50.51 PM.png

It stalls here for a long time and then eventually fails. It has done so several times. The plugins have all been turned off and nobody seems to know why it keeps failing to create a backup.

It is beyond my skill level to do it manually.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Super User IV

@darbrad

I suggest deleting the new GoDaddy site and starting a blank site. You can install only one migration plug-in on both sides and that should work. I have seen the migration script fail for a number of different reasons depending on where it is getting moved from. Should you need further assistance with this please feel free to send me a private message
    I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
    Super User IV

@darbrad

I suggest deleting the new GoDaddy site and starting a blank site. You can install only one migration plug-in on both sides and that should work. I have seen the migration script fail for a number of different reasons depending on where it is getting moved from. Should you need further assistance with this please feel free to send me a private message
    I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Advocate VII

Hi @darbrad ,

When GoDaddy migration services fail, I've turned to the UpdraftPlus migration tool  I've used it for years and its an alternative that often works.  Migrations and migration plugins can be very difficult sometimes.  

Also, one quick question -- how big is the site?  I've had a 9Gig site take a full day to migrate. 

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites