• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Migration from staging to prod scripts are totally broken

I ran into the issue in the link below.  The result is that after pushing from staging to production you can't log into wp_admin.   The values in the usermeta table and config table have values from staging.

https://www.godaddy.com/community/Managed-WordPress-Hosting/After-Push-staging-to-production-I-can-t...

I've solved this but going forward I'm worried about using godaddy staging for development.  I don't want to fix tables manually every time I push to production.  The link I provided goes back 2 years.  What the hell!  Do others still run into this problem. I may just jump ship for wpengine or just kick up an aws  site.  I don't trust godaddy anymore.  Too many problems and seems to be slowing down every month.

1 REPLY 1
    Highlighted
    Super User III
    Super User III

Re: Migration from staging to prod scripts are totally broken

@rschlack 

I generally don't talk smack about GoDaddy products. I will say that the Managed WordPress offering they have leaves a lot to be desired, to be absolutely honest. It's fantastic for simple sites, blogs, etc., but many of the features will occasionally go completely bonkers, like the staging site getting pushed to production.

My advice is to stick with a cPanel offering. There are a lot of cool little doodads they put on Managed WordPress but they are not always that great. My two cents.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community