• Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Need advice on replacing managed Wordpress site

I have a managed Wordpress site that I want to completely replace. It's currently based on Genesis and I want to use as non-Genesis template. This will be a complete revamp of the site so it seems like a good time to start from scratch with pages/plugins/content, etc.

So, I could use some advice on how to do this. I did not create this site originally and have not worked with GoDaddy managed Wordpress sites before. Can I simply create the site on another host that I currently have then move the files to GoDaddy? If so, how do I migrate database data? I would be ok with completely replacing the existing live site with a base Wordpress install and starting from there if needed. 

Does anyone have words of wisdom for me?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
    Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

Re: Need advice on replacing managed Wordpress site

@AustinBrian 

Yeah, there are a couple of easy ways to migrate. You can use the free features from GoDaddy Pro, for one. You can also find several great plugins that will migrate the information as well. Additionally, if you start another MWP site, you can migrate it that way as well.

Of course, you can always just start from scratch as well and just bring the content over using the export feature in WordPress itself. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community