• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Permalink problem after importing website

After I import the WP website from my development server ( https://stefanmatei.com/tfwoodworks/ ) in my managed hosting account, only the front page is working.

The /wp-admin/ is also working, but if I go in the Settings and change (or just save) the permalink structure, then all the pages (including dashboard and front page) start to just display PHP code instead of running. I've tried this twice and had to delete the WordPress site and import it again from the development server.

UPDATE: It looks like all it takes is visiting and refreshing the /wp-admin/options-permalink.php settings page (without even saving anything) and then none of the front-end pages render, I only get raw PHP code in the browser(!)

1 REPLY 1
    JayFromEpic
    Former Employee

Re: Permalink problem after importing website

Hi Nonsalent,

This sounds like an htaccess issue. Try updating your settings once again in Wordpress to the desired permalink setup you want to use and turn off debugging mode. Then, take a look at your sites .htaccess file. If it is empty or has anything different then the following, try updating it with the Wordpress default:

# BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
    </IfModule>
    # END WordPress

Hope this helps! 

~Jay