• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Plugin Error due to Jetpack plugin

I have a plugin error due to the jetpack plugin. I am not able to log in to my blog normally and was told I need to disable the plugin from the backside and I am so confused!! 

I have found some troubleshooting articles where I got these instructions, but I can't even find the wp_options table :

1. Log into phpMyAdmin (cPanel / Plesk / Web Hosting / Managed WordPress).

In cPanel hosting, you must select the database for your WordPress site in the left-hand column before proceeding to the next step.

2. Click on the wp_options table.
    3. Locate the active_plugins entry under the option_name column. You may need to navigate beyond the first page of entries.
    4. Click the Edit button for that row.
    5. Select all of the text found in the option_value field, copy it, and paste it into a text editor.
    6. Once the text was copied to a safe place, you can delete it from phpMyAdmin.
    7. Click Go to submit the change.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! 

Kate 

4 REPLIES 4
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I
    Solution

Re: Plugin Error

@flattsaholic

I don't recommend messing with database tables unless you are comfortable.  I've been at this for some time and my palms still get sweaty when I have to do so!

So, let's use a different approach and go in via SFTP.  First, you'll need FTP software.  I use Filezilla and it's free.

You'll then config the software with your SFTP settings and login to your server, navigating to the wp-content > plugins directory.   Right click on the plugins directory and  select rename.  Rename from plugins to pluginsOFF.  That will deactivate all your plugins and should allow you to get back into your dashboard.   You can then reactivate everything but JetPack.

I have an article on my site that covers the troubleshooting process for you here.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
    "All people are the same; only their habits differ." ~Confucius
    Highlighted

@Muse

Thank you! I downloaded FileZilla. What do you put for Host?

Kate

Actually, I just saw that I use my site name. Completely missed that the first time! 

@Muse

Thank you, that worked! I really appreciate your help! 

Kate