cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted
    New

Reset Wordpress Installation in "Managed Wordpress"

Please help me out regarding how to reset wordpress installation to its initial settings on a Godaddy Managed Wordpress Site. Actually Permissions are denied on Wp-Admin Folder and I am getting following error:-

Not Found

The requested URL      wp-admin  //   install.php      was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The above mentioned folder didn't contain the install.php and the godaddy has restrictions on this folder so i cannot change edit or copy to it.

Please Help me Out.

1 REPLY 1
    Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

Re: Reset Wordpress Installation in "Managed Wordpress"

@TGP 

You have 2 options for this

1) via the GoDaddy Admin you can remove the site and then re-add it - this will create a new install / clean database etc

2) WP Reset Plugin - this will reset the database leaving just the logged in user - but will not delete the files from uploads or the plugins / themes - they will not be active but will be there - the files will be in the uploads folders but not in media

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community