• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Seperate plugins/website for mobile and desktop

I have a website (https://www.worldawarenessassociation.org), which a high desktop pagespeed score (96) and a very low mobile score (34). A number of plugins that I have installed for desktop I do not need for mobile, and are instead just slowing my mobile site down. Is there a way that I can only use certain plugins for desktop and certain plugins for mobile? If not, can I set up a separate mobile site that only mobile users can use and keep my current site for desktop users?

If not, are there any suggestions that you have that would help me get my mobile score up? I only use plugins that I absolutely need, and have already removed quite a few and have tried to make everything as mobile-friendly as I can.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

It appears that you are frontloading content with the Flying Pages plugin @anthonyrebello? Just adjusting that might speed up mobile? I tend to use PageSpeed Insights (Google developer) for speed tests and optimization. Google also has a Mobile-Friendly Test that is useful. I would start in those two places? I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

It appears that you are frontloading content with the Flying Pages plugin @anthonyrebello? Just adjusting that might speed up mobile? I tend to use PageSpeed Insights (Google developer) for speed tests and optimization. Google also has a Mobile-Friendly Test that is useful. I would start in those two places? I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

Hello @rd! Yes I use that plugin. Would you suggest a specific change to speed up mobile or should I just mess around with the settings and see what works? I’ll definitely check out the mobile page on Google. Thanks!

Anthony Rebello (he, him)
    Executive Director,
    World Awareness Association
    www.worldawarenessassociation.org