Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted
    Helper II
    Helper II

Show Me How

How do I disable the, "Show Me How" that suddenly started appearing on new WordPress installations on the WordPress Managed Hosting service? It's distracting and superfluous.

7 REPLIES 7
    Rockstar I Rockstar I
    Rockstar I

Re: Show Me How

Hi @frankstallone,

I too, would like to know.  As a developer I don't use it, but as a support tool for clients this may be quite powerful.  I've taken some time to go through some of the "Show Me How's" and there pretty doggone good! 

I try to get clients to be as self-sufficient as possible.  Some smaller clients can't afford to have a full-time content/data manager just for their website.  So, websites don't get maintained content-wise.  Anything to make it easier/better for the client's utility goes a long way toward site success.

In addition to the built-in video training manuals that I provide with my sites, these "show-me-how" take the videos from watching to action.  I'm definitely going to take a closer look at how I can use them in site-specific documentation.

Good point, @frankstallone on knowing how to adjust these settings to suit the user!

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites
    Helper II
    Helper II

GoDaddy sent me an email to remind me that this has not been answered yet. Bump!

Employee
    Employee

Frank -- I'm sorry to hear that the in-product guidance is a distraction, and I apologize for not responding sooner! I can work with you to deactivate Show  Me How in your account.

To provide some context, we designed the solution for users who need a little extra help getting started. The in-product guidance appears only when you choose the "Quick Start Wizard" during setup. It currently appears when users choose one 10 or so GoDaddy Managed WordPress Themes.

I understand that it's not right for you. I'll PM you to discuss the details about turning it off for your account. - Anthony

Show me how to remove the "Show me how" button.

Bright blue on a mostly black and white screen sticks out and annoys the crap out of me.

Make a way for everyone to remove it without needing to search for a super common phrase that returns absolutely no usable information.

For now I have just added it to my adblock list.

Install Adblock plus extension, right click on the "Show me how" button and block image.

@AnthonyL

I, too, need the tutorial removed, as it shows not only for Admins but for other users, including Subscribers. Please let me know how to remove it.

Thanks!

Capture.PNG

I need this removed from my subscriber web pages. How can I do that? 

Solution

Hey Folks, 

If you're setting up a new site, you can click on the "Show Me How" tab at the top then click 'Hide "Show Me How"' in the bottom right corner of the pop up window. Click continue when prompted and the 'Hiding “Show Me How” permanently removes step-by-step guidance.

If you're still running into issues getting this permanently disabled on your end, please feel free to reach out to our live support by phone or chat. Our hosting team will be more than happy to help walk through this with you directly. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support