• Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    New

Slow site after migrating

Hello there,

After migrating Wordpress site from one hosting to Godaddy hosting using their migrate tool the site is super slow now and very often got 503 Service Unavailable Error. 

After the migration, I've received a temporary domain name to check the site which and while I change the DNS's of the main domain. Then in the Settings page of my Managed Wordpress host, I've added the main domain as primary and it looks okay without any warnings, etc there. 

When I examine the site from Developer Console under Chrome I notice that some resources are trying to load from the temporary domain xxx.xx.myftpupload.com

The site worked perfectly fine on the old host and before migrating it to Godaddy.

Any ideas what can cause the issues?

8 REPLIES 8
    Super User IV

@Stani 

The myftpupload is more than likely the CDN if you look at the full URL. I would clear the cache from within the WordPress admin and see if that helps.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

@PL281,

Thanks for the answer. Yes, flushing the cache is helps for a certain time but after a day or so the site getting slow again and from time to time 503 Error occurs again.

@Stani 

What is your domain and where are you located - Someone recently posted that for wherever they were located that they were getting 503 errors but they VPN to 2 other locations and were fine

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

This is the domain
    I don't think is a location problem because I'm located in Europa but it is appearing also for users located in the USA.

ps. I've flushed the cache and currently is loading kinda okay.

@Stani 

https://gtmetrix.com/reports/woodsidecap.com/zCvZLp9H

Overall looks good - You can optimize your images and that should help as well

How can or when will refresh and show the main domain in the URLs of the images and other resources or they will be like this?

For example the images:

screenshot-gtmetrix.com-2020.03.19-15_46_39.png

myftpupload... was the temp domain until the DNS of the main is refreshed.

@Stani 

That is the CDN and the URL is correct for how the system is setup

Advocate VII

Hi @Stani ,

I use Cloudflare to speed up my GoDaddy sites.  It has helped TREMENDOUSLY.

After migration you might want to regenerate thumbnails and go through an optimzation and minification to speed the site on the new server.  Cloudfare helps with that and I also use Hummingbird by WPMUDEV.  Also, you may want to recompress and optimize your images on this server.  I use SMUSH.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites