Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Steps to increase PHP Memory and Max Input Vars limits in Managed WP

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this.

I need to increase PHP Memory limit to (at least) 128 MB and PHP Max Input Vars to 2000 or more, but have no idea what steps to follow to do so, i.e. what to click on in the dashboard to gain access to the file directory, file to edit (I believe it's .user.ini based upon previous posts), etc.

My setup is: Managed WP account, Ultimate Plan, WP version = 5.7 and PHP version = 7.3. 

I hope this is sufficient background info.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Sorry if the solution is somewhere in the archive...looked but didn't see anything.

Thanks again!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    ryanfrizzell
    Employee

Hey @FordPrefect 

You're on the right track here. These PHP settings can be defined in a .user.ini file which should be added to the /html directory. To access that directory, you can connect to your site via SFTP.

The .user.ini file may already be present there (note, you may have to configure your SFTP client to "show hidden files" in order to view it). But if not, you can create an empty file called .user.ini using a text editor, add the PHP settings to the file, and upload it to your site with your SFTP client.

The PHP settings that can be pasted into that file can be found here in this guide:

https://godaddy.com/help/change-php-settings-for-my-hosting-account-26379

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    ryanfrizzell
    Employee

Hey @FordPrefect 

You're on the right track here. These PHP settings can be defined in a .user.ini file which should be added to the /html directory. To access that directory, you can connect to your site via SFTP.

The .user.ini file may already be present there (note, you may have to configure your SFTP client to "show hidden files" in order to view it). But if not, you can create an empty file called .user.ini using a text editor, add the PHP settings to the file, and upload it to your site with your SFTP client.

The PHP settings that can be pasted into that file can be found here in this guide:

https://godaddy.com/help/change-php-settings-for-my-hosting-account-26379

View solution in original post