Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden Fatal error on my site!

Novice

Sudden Fatal error on my site!

I am using managed wordpress and suddenly an error occured. I didn't made any changes on my site. I already tried disabling all my plugins but still didn't worked. Below is the error. I guess this has something to do with managed wordpress automatic updates?

Fatal error: Cannot use WPaaS\Plugin as Plugin because the name is already in use in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas01_data01/26/2892626/html/wp-content/mu-plugins/gd-system-plugin/includes/log/components/trait-plugin-helpers.php on line 5

Anyone experiencing the same?

See more topics labeled with:

23 REPLIES
Novice

Re: Sudden Fatal error on my site!

Same error on my site:

Fatal error: Cannot use WPaaS\Plugin as Plugin because the name is already in use in /home/content/a2pnexwpnas04_data02/62/3408262/html/wp-content/mu-plugins/gd-system-plugin/includes/log/components/trait-plugin-helpers.php on line 5

Novice

Same here!

Fatal error: Cannot use WPaaS\Plugin as Plugin because the name is already in use in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas09_data03/09/2665509/html/wp-content/mu-plugins/gd-system-plugin/includes/log/components/trait-plugin-helpers.php on line 5

Novice

Same here too, does anyone know how to solve it?

I can not access the wp-admin too

Fatal error: Cannot use WPaaS\Plugin as Plugin because the name is already in use in /home/content/n3pnexwpnas02_data03/91/3111991/html/wp-content/mu-plugins/gd-system-plugin/includes/log/components/trait-plugin-helpers.php on line 5

NS
Novice

Same issue with my site too. Any Fix?

The support is disconnecting the calls after listening to the error

Novice

Same issue here on two websites. Has anyone found a solution?

“Fatal Error: Cannot use WPaaS\Plugin as Plugin because the name is already in use in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas03_data03/03/3758203/html/wp-content/mu-plugins/gd-system-plugin/includes/log/components/trait-plugin-helpers.php on line 5 ”.

Novice

Same here..

Fatal error: Cannot use WPaaS\Plugin as Plugin because the name is already in use in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas02_data01/92/3157092/html/wp-content/mu-plugins/gd-system-plugin/includes/log/components/trait-plugin-helpers.php on line 5

Still no support
sv
Novice

Same here!

Novice

I had the same issue so called Go Daddy support. It was a known issue related to updates being pushed out by their developers. It was a very quick fix and my site is working again now.

Novice

thanks to the comments here and figuring out it was a plugin update I rolled back my site to a backup from yesterday and it works fine now, thanks everyone.

Novice

This seems to be happening a lot now.

Simply log in to your godaddy host settings.  Go to manage hosting. Last update, goto files and database, and roll back the update to one or two days ago.

It is working for me now. This is a huge problem for any downtime.

Experienced

@CG and @Gabe can you please let us know what happened here and what is being done to prevent things like this in the future. Logging in to each one of my customer accounts and restoring their sites is not going to work. It would really go a long way if these issues were brought to our attention so we could be prepared to handle them rather than finding out in a round about way and with support blowing everyone off.

Employee

Thanks for the head up folks, working on a fix for this now.

Thanks,

Gabe

Gabriel A. Mays
Head of WordPress Products, GoDaddy
Novice

Same error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function WPaaS\Admin\get_user_locale() in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas02_data01/56/2697756/html/wp-content/mu-plugins/gd-system-plugin/includes/admin/class-walkme.php on line 103

Is there a way to disable the GoDaddy integration? This is frustrating.

Community Manager

Reply from @Gabe:

Hey folks, an update: This is a very odd big affecting a small subset of sites, so you're the chosen few. Sorry for the headache, we've found the issue.

The fix is rolling out now. Many sites should already be fixed. It'll take a couple more hours for the fix to complete rollout across all data centers.

Following this rollout we'll also finish rolling out a patch that'll improve load times in the wp-admin (many of you may already have this).

Thanks,
Gabe

GoDaddy Sr. Community Manager
Novice

I'm having the same issue and it's not fixed yet.

Novice

Here's a quick fix, just rename the "mu-plugins" folder to "mu-plugins.test" This works for my site.

Novice

Same issue here !!

Novice

[ Edited ]

Same issue on my site. Beyond frustrating that the site has been down for over a day because of a change GoDaddy made. I thought "Managed WordPress" was supposed to alleviate the problems with managing the backend of your own site.

We are still having issues with the error and IE. Any new updates?

Novice

Cannot use WPaaS\Plugin as Plugin because the name is already in use in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas04_data01/04/2919604/html/wp-content/mu-plugins/gd-system-plugin/includes/log/components/trait-plugin-helpers.php on line 5

Novice

My site http://www.bigdiyideas.com/ has the same issue, but the other two sites hosted by Godaddy are fine. Hope the fix is rolled out soon. Costing me $$$.

Novice

I am having this same issue: https://mayawalk.ca

Highlighted
Novice

Do a restore of files from manage your hosting, choose date 2017-02-14 or earlier.
This should help