• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Trying to add newly purchased domain to MWP but it says it's already in use

I'm trying to add a newly purchased domain to a Managed WordPress site that is hosted on a temporary server. It says it is in use when I try to add it. I have chatted with support 4 times now, and they tell me they can't fix it unless I give them money. I already checked all the DNS Records, and the domain is not being used anywhere else on the account.

2 REPLIES 2
    Highlighted
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: Domain is already in use

Hi @encountertexoma. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! That's pretty odd. Usually, the only reason you wouldn't be able to use a domain (that's in the same account) would be if it was already set up on something. If you haven't already done so, I'd recommend clearing your browser cache and cookies, and then trying to add the domain once more. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    Rockstar I Rockstar I
    Rockstar I

Re: Domain is already in use

Hi @encountertexoma,

Kinda odd for a newly purchased domain for sure.  Did you do a private registration?  If so, make sure you have responded to ALL valid requests for verification.  I recently ran into a problem with a customer who had done a private registration and had not verified ownership.  After verification, we had the site ready in a couple of hours.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites