• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted

Unable to create directory uploads/2018/01

When I try to upload an image from my wordpress site I get this error: "Unable to create directory uploads/2018/01. Is its parent directory writable by the server?"

The sidebar widget on this page quit showing the image at: http://markfrobbmd.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/mkf1.jpg. When I inspect the code, the widget points here: /home/content/a2pewpnaspod04_data01/49/41333249/html/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/mkf1-30724_74x74.jpg. 

When I check via FTP, it should be pointing to:/home/e6c341333249519/html/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/mkf1-30724_74x74.jpg.

There is a disconnect between my WP site and the database - I have given up on hosting support, over one hour wait time.

2 REPLIES 2
    New

Re: Unable to create directory uploads/2018/01

We're having the exact same problem. We just migrated our functioning Linux WP site to a ManagagedWP site, and now we can't upload image or video files.

Did you ever get this resolved?

Re: Unable to create directory uploads/2018/01

It took me three phone calls to tech support and I finally found someone who managed to fix it.  I'm pretty sure it had something to do with permissions in the upload folder on the server.  I asked what he did but he just told me he fixed it because he knew what he was doing.  Sorry, you just might have to persist with the help desk.