Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    medha
    New

Want to push staging to production but keeping content from the live site

I would like to push my staging site to production, but I would like to overwrite only the theme and plugins, and any additional code (for example, CSS or JavaScript) on the live website. I would like to NOT overwrite uploads, posts, pages, and plug-in configurations of the currently live website. How can I do that in my Deluxe Wordpress website? I created staging site some months ago and customized the theme, appearance, etc. However, I continued to update the content on the old website (currently live in production).

Also, once I push my staging site to live, is there any way to undo the process? What if I want to get the old site & settings back?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    ryanfrizzell
    Employee

Hey @medha,

You can follow the directions in this guide to push your staging site to production:

https://godaddy.com/help/push-your-staging-site-to-the-production-site-16467

To ensure the settings and content are not disturbed when pushing staging to production, be sure that the "overwrite data" setting is unchecked.

If you aren't happy with the results of the push to production process, you can restore your production site from one of the daily backups offered with your Managed WordPress hosting plan.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    ryanfrizzell
    Employee

Hey @medha,

You can follow the directions in this guide to push your staging site to production:

https://godaddy.com/help/push-your-staging-site-to-the-production-site-16467

To ensure the settings and content are not disturbed when pushing staging to production, be sure that the "overwrite data" setting is unchecked.

If you aren't happy with the results of the push to production process, you can restore your production site from one of the daily backups offered with your Managed WordPress hosting plan.

View solution in original post