Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    ryanhuck
    New

Word Press Site is down

I just tried to access my backend WordPress admin panel and it wouldn't open.  I then checked my site and it's down as well.  I installed Yoast Premium, but it seemed to be fine after I did that.  I'm waiting on hold for tech help, but it's over an hour and chat is not working.  Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on what can be wrong?

Please help!

Ryan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Muse
    Super User II

@ryanhuck 

Are you still having problems? Whenever WordPress doesn't work as it should the first thing we have to eliminate is a conflict.  Theme, plugins, or both.

Try going to the File Manager (or FTPing into the site using Filezilla) and go to the /wp-content folder and look for the /plugins folder.  Rename it from /plugins to /pluginsOFF.  This will deactivate all plugins. Then see if you can login.  If you can you know it is a plugin that is the problem.  

Once logged in reinstate the folder name from /pluginsOFF to /plugins.   You can then reactive each one by one until you know which is the one causing the problem.

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "Success is the sum of details." ~ Harvey S. Firestone

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Muse
    Super User II

@ryanhuck 

Are you still having problems? Whenever WordPress doesn't work as it should the first thing we have to eliminate is a conflict.  Theme, plugins, or both.

Try going to the File Manager (or FTPing into the site using Filezilla) and go to the /wp-content folder and look for the /plugins folder.  Rename it from /plugins to /pluginsOFF.  This will deactivate all plugins. Then see if you can login.  If you can you know it is a plugin that is the problem.  

Once logged in reinstate the folder name from /pluginsOFF to /plugins.   You can then reactive each one by one until you know which is the one causing the problem.

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "Success is the sum of details." ~ Harvey S. Firestone

View solution in original post