• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

WordPress 4.7.1 is available, but have to do it manually

Got notices for most of my managed WP sites, that I have to manually update to 4.71.

"We tried but were unable to update your site automatically. "... If you experience any issues or need support, the volunteers in the WordPress.org support forums may be able to help.

Anyone know what the issue is and why they can't update as before?

A little frustration when "managed" was supposed to do that for me. "Volunteers MAY be able to help"???

11 REPLIES 11
    Solution

Re: WordPress 4.7.1 is available, but have to do it manually

It seems that GoDaddy forgot to suppress these messages when they rolled out the 4.7 update to Managed WP sites. Hope our clients understand, we're using more time apologizing for GoDaddy issues these days... @Gabe hope your team is making progress on the issues raised on these forums.

I just got the same emails and it's for ALL of our websites that are on GoDaddy's Managed WordPress Hosting. I go into the dashboard and there's a notification as well that it failed to update, but no option to try and get access to updating it. I'm concerned about updating it manually. 

GoDaddy, what's going on? Why did this update fail? Please fix soon. 

New

I am getting this message when I ask to check for updates:

An automated WordPress update has failed to complete! Please notify the site administrator

Not clear if version 4.7.1 is actually installed or not, but this makes me believe it was not.

Yes, I just noticed this on both my GoDaddy managed Wordpress sites. I also received a spoofing email about this. I changed the passwords! Is this issue currently being worked on systematically.

Godaddy, it would be nice to have a message related to the problem. Are you working on it? Is it a WordPress problem? 

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @Purpledogpeg, @bdwebdesign@TheSageLeopard@spaceartist@RHujar, and @rippleandflow

@bdwebdesign is right on this one. That error is something that was triggered by WordPress core files attempting to update themselves. It doesn't reflect a failed update attempt on our behalf. However, we are currently pushing out updates to 4.7.1 on the Managed WordPress platform.  The update should be deployed to all accounts by early next week. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Hey Jesse - Does this put our sites in jeopardy considering the issues when Wordpress has not been updated, allowing a hole for hackers?  Or can we rest assured that GoDaddy has our sites covered considering the fact that's why we paid for the Managed Wordpress?

Please advise.

I certainly hope Go Daddy gets it moving... this update contains 8 fixes for security vulnerabilities that I am not comfortable with the wait time. I understand it is a huge project to update customers but.... it needs to happen soon so our sites are safe!

Please hurry!!!! 

Hello JesseW and GoDaddy, has this issue been resolved yet?  My WordPress site is still saying it failed to do the update.

I have the same problem of Wordpress not being updated.

The site in question is: http://siskaskitchen.com

Earlier I had a problem with the APCu Object that brought the site down. I fixed it by following the instructions from @ccarfi in this thread. ("I renamed the object-cache.php file in the wp-content directory to object-cache-OLD.php and was then able to connect to the site.")

I am not sure if the fix mentioned above has anything to do with Wordpress not getting updated. Please have a look at it.

Thanks in advance.

GoDaddy Managed wordpress FAILS AGAIN: An automated WordPress update has failed to complete V. 4.9.4

ERROR message saying new wordpress version has failed to complete?

YOU NEED TO FIX THIS PLEASE GODADDY, THAT IS WHY WE PAY EXTRA FOR

"""MANAGED W O R D P R E S S TO YOUR COMPANY!""

Jay