• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

WordPress + Gutenberg, Do Godaddy have any plan?

Hi there,

WordPress 5.0 is coming with Gutenberg and im wondering if Godaddy have any plan of disabling the classic editor plugin to give way for this new content editor `Gutenberg`.

So big question now is - will godaddy override the classic editor plugin and force Guternberg? any plan?

2 REPLIES 2
    Super User III
    Super User III

Re: WordPress + Gutenberg, Do Godaddy have any plan?

Please note that I'm not speaking for GoDaddy here but as someone who knows how WordPress works.

First, when 5.0 comes out, Gutenburg will be the default editor. Doesn't matter what anyone wants. You can download a plugin to use the classic editor, though, if you don't like Gutenburg. You have to remember that GoDaddy doesn't control WordPress, they don't help WordPress develop anything, and they can't control how the releases for new versions come out. 

Second, there's currently a WordPress 5.0 beta version of the plugin for site developers to test their site builds out with the new version. It's up to developer to determine if their site will work correctly on 5.0, not GoDaddy.

Third, not updating would be a bad idea as you'll find yourself leaving your site insecure and vulnerable to malware attack.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted
    Employee
    Employee
    Solution

Re: WordPress + Gutenberg, Do Godaddy have any plan?

Some additional thoughts on Gutenberg and the Classic Editor here:

https://www.godaddy.com/garage/wordpress-5-release/