• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

WordPress dashboard won't open - help will cost $80

hell, what kind of help is that? did i get the worst GoDaddy person on the other end of the phone? did GoDaddy just try and rip me off? how is this their 24/7 support help ? 24/7 support... for a fee. How is that  actual help? the reason I have used GoDaddy for over 15 years is their support system had been absolute gold-class. I recommended all my clients use them. 

When did Godaddy start using their support team for money salisation?

two thumbs down

time to switch my hosting, all my clients hosting, and never recommend Godaddy again 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Super User IV

@dustbunny777 

We are end users - so we can't address the specific issue with what support told you...

That being said - You have said the WordPress dashboard won't open - I assume you mean yourdomain.com/wp-admin 

Are you getting a 500 error, a blank screen, something else..... Generally speaking GoDaddy support will not troubleshoot plugin / theme related issues in WordPress. I have had them help with some basic .htaccess issues but that is the extent of it. 

The paid service that you refer to is where they actually go into the site and modify settings / look for what is broken.

Assuming you don't have an error log, I would try first to disable any plugins that recently updated (add -DISABLED to end of folder name) and see if this fixes it. If you have an error log, you can look in the error log for what plugin / theme / file is causing the issue.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Super User IV

@dustbunny777 

We are end users - so we can't address the specific issue with what support told you...

That being said - You have said the WordPress dashboard won't open - I assume you mean yourdomain.com/wp-admin 

Are you getting a 500 error, a blank screen, something else..... Generally speaking GoDaddy support will not troubleshoot plugin / theme related issues in WordPress. I have had them help with some basic .htaccess issues but that is the extent of it. 

The paid service that you refer to is where they actually go into the site and modify settings / look for what is broken.

Assuming you don't have an error log, I would try first to disable any plugins that recently updated (add -DISABLED to end of folder name) and see if this fixes it. If you have an error log, you can look in the error log for what plugin / theme / file is causing the issue.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post