• Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Wordpress 5.1.1 not compatible with Managed Hosting

I have Wordpress 5.1.1 running on PHP 5.6 on a managed hosting account (IIS). When I edit and update a blog post, there is a red message at the top that reads "Updating failed." Chrome Developer console shows the error:

PHP Deprecated: Automatically populating $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA is deprecated and will be removed in a future version. To avoid this warning set 'always_populate_raw_post_data' to '-1' in php.ini and use the php://input stream instead. in Unknown on line 0

Upgrading to PHP 7 would fix this, but it is not supported on GoDaddy. I created a php56.ini in both webroot and the root of my Wordpress installation with always_populate_raw_post_data = -1. I recycled my app pool. According to the output from  <?php phpinfo() ?> the .ini files were not detected.

Please advise.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Wordpress 5.1.1 not compatible with Managed Hosting

Hi

I am having same issue, any updates on this.

Thanks

Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

Re: Wordpress 5.1.1 not compatible with Managed Hosting

@adamloving 

I am assuming that you are referring to the Windows VPS (https://www.godaddy.com/hosting/windows-vps) when you say Managed Hosting Account (IIS)

This is different than the Managed WordPress Platform from GoDaddy.

That being said, when I first started hosting WordPress websites (almost 10 years ago) I actually started out on IIS with PHP (On a GoDaddy server). From what I recall - while GoDaddy "managed" the operating system, it was my responsibility to run updates for things like IIS or PHP.

I'm making an assumption that you are running IIS 8. In theory you should just have to go to the IIS add-on installer and install PHP 7.x

1) If you have to stay on the Windows server, I would recommend upgrading to PHP 7.x as it has many security / performance enhancements as well as the fact that 5.6 is no longer support and many plugins are removing support for it altogether.

2) If possible I would recommend you look at the Managed WordPress Platform from GoDaddy as they take care of the server side of things and you just focus on your content. The plans include: SSL certs for each site, daily backup for each site and CDN for each site.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community