• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Wordpress Plugin only available on paid business account

The getting started tutorials state that you can make some changes via a free wordpress account and the Godaddy Re-seller plugin. I created a new free account with WP and when I went to download the GD plugin WP told e that in order to install the plugin I would have to upgrade to a paid business account. Is there a promo code to waive the monthly fee? Is there another possible platform / work around?

1 REPLY 1
    Highlighted
    Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

Re: Wordpress Plugin only available on paid business account

@BuildYorPlat 

It sounds like you've created a site on WordPress.com - Their main target is for those that just want to do a basic blog (Free, Blogger, Personal, Premium), but if you want to unlock the full features of WordPress (Themes and Plugins) you have to go with their Business Plan

Now that being said, WordPress.org is where you can download WordPress to install on your own server. The cPanel servers from GoDaddy (https://www.godaddy.com/hosting/web-hosting) even have an installer to add WordPress, however you do need to have some very basic knowledge of server admin as there are a number of different options you can adjust.

If you are looking for WordPress but don't want to have to worry about the server side of things I suggest (https://www.godaddy.com/hosting/wordpress-hosting)

The biggest thing I can tell you is that whatever route you decide to do, if you are using WordPress, make sure a) you have a regular backup of the site and b) UPDATE YOUR PLUGINS - this is very important as this is one of the leading causes to sites getting compromised.

Philip 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community