• Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Wordpress Plugins do not show up in wp-admin

My site is functioning find but there are plugins to update and the list of plugins is empty in the admin:

"https://2greenchicks.com/wp-admin/plugins.php?plugin_status=all"

All (23) | Active (21) | Inactive (2) | Update Available (4) | Must-Use (1) | Drop-in (1)

None of these show any plugins when I click them. The same issue occurs in my staging site which i just created by pushing the production to staging.

Anyone have any clues? Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
    Super User III
    Super User III

Re: Wordpress Plugins do not show up in wp-admin

@veshches 

The issue is almost certainly related to one of two things:

1) You don't have permissions (are you logged in as admin?)

OR

2) The theme (or a plugin) has disabled the plugins menu.

After you've checked to be sure that you are an administrator, then you should attempt to view this page:

http://www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin/plugins.php (replacing www.yourdomain.com with your site's domain name).

If it's accessible, then it's time to start exploring the theme (which theme are you using?) and possibly some of the plugins that might have disabled the menu item.

Alternatively, you can edit your wp-config.php file and edit the debug line to define('WP_DEBUG', true);, which should cause the blank page to actually output any issues that are going on. Might allow you to troubleshoot the issue further.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hey there @MrVapor 

I am definitely an administrator. I see no plugins listed on https://2greenchicks.com/wp-admin/plugins.php 

The theme is a custom theme done by a previous web developer. I searched around the admin and in functions.php for any settings/code that would hide the plugins. Found nothing.

Here is the list of plugins i got via sftp:

Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 2.54.53 PM.png

When I go to https://2greenchicks.com/wp-admin/update-core.php I see 6 plugins that need updating:

Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 2.56.38 PM.png

Could one of these be hiding the plugins?

I put the site into debug mode but can't decipher it 🙂

Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 3.04.20 PM.png

Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

@veshches 

It looks as if the social metrics tracker and the favicon xt manager plugins (They are showing as deprecated, which means you should replace them. They're a security risk.) are the first thing you need to address. Log in via SFTP again and rename them with a .dis (for disabled) at the end. See if things go back to normal. If not, it may give you more error codes.

If you rename the plugin file temporarily, it will shut off all plugins and you should be able to see the list in your admin panel then as well. Just enable them until you figure out who the culprit is.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community