• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Wordpress Scheduled Tasks - Cron - Slow Wordpress Managed GoDaddy Site

Alrighty, so, back-end website stuff just does my head in. I'll share what I'm up to and then hope someone can help.

My goal was to increase website speed. I'm doing a few different things for this. One of them was installing the Wordpress plugin 'WP Optimize'. Minification is not happening because Wordpress is not running scheduled tasks. So, I followed a link to solve this issue: https://getwpo.com/faqs/the-scheduler-in-my-wordpress-installation-is-not-working-what-should-i-do/

I have tried so many things. I just want these scheduled tasks to run. I keep ending up back at the result that Managed Wordpress is somehow different and these Cron tasks aren't running and thus building up.

This is the error I keep getting:

WordPress has a number (39) of scheduled tasks which are overdue. Unless this is a development site, this probably means that the scheduler in your WordPress install is not working. 

If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. Any tips to speed up the back-end of my site would be appreciated as well. Caching and minification are priorities and I will move to a different server quick smart if page speed continues to be an issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Employee

Hello @JadeBella and thank you for being a part of the Community!

Do you mind sharing your domain to help better assist with troubleshooting? I took a look at the article linked (keep in mind that plugin is a third-party plugin) and reviewed the troubleshooting techniques the link mentioned. A technique mentioned using Cron Jobs, is not supported on Managed WordPress. Slow websites can be caused from a variety of reasons and is not always caused by server issues. I have researched and found a few links that could help further assist with this issue:

I hope these articles helped further assist with your troubleshooting. If you want to just have WordPress Premium Support optimize your website along with WordPress technical assistance, please reach out to GoDaddy Support for an account review. I hope you have a great weekend 😎.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7 via chat or phone!

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Employee

Hello @JadeBella and thank you for being a part of the Community!

Do you mind sharing your domain to help better assist with troubleshooting? I took a look at the article linked (keep in mind that plugin is a third-party plugin) and reviewed the troubleshooting techniques the link mentioned. A technique mentioned using Cron Jobs, is not supported on Managed WordPress. Slow websites can be caused from a variety of reasons and is not always caused by server issues. I have researched and found a few links that could help further assist with this issue:

I hope these articles helped further assist with your troubleshooting. If you want to just have WordPress Premium Support optimize your website along with WordPress technical assistance, please reach out to GoDaddy Support for an account review. I hope you have a great weekend 😎.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7 via chat or phone!

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post