cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    djex100
    Novice

Wordpress install

I need help with installing wordpress on a domain on my delux hosting plan but it says "This domain is already in use. Please choose a new one or enter a directory below."  How do i install wordpress on the domain as it is new dont understand why its already in use

7 REPLIES 7
    Nvulane
    Accomplished

Re: Wordpress install

Depends on how you have been going about it. I'd recommend in such a case you do a manual installation. Extract WP files and upload them and then create a DB. Edit the config file and that will save you time. For sure, this will work, though it might seem long..

hey i got the same issue. Did you find any solution?

The installatron should work fine, just make sure you set the correct domain name that's all, and pop it in a directory if you want. If you need help then call on GoDaddy - that's what you pay for - after all the deluxe plan isn't great and it's also not cheap as others so you may as well get your money's worth.

If it fails then get GD support because someone would have messed up the script somehow, and if getting support fails especially if you're on a different time zone like me - then use someone else that has 24hr support.

There's no need to try and manually install, although it's simple enough, but you will lose out on what your paying for by using go daddy so they should get it fixed... Hell, if you gotta do it all yourself then you may as well use Hostgator because they have fantastic 24hr support for people that self-install.

No offence to GD but when it's not working and your still payin then theres something wrong there, isn't it!

Pro Community Founder Artisan Pro Community Founder Artisan
    Pro Community Founder Artisan

Hi @djex100,

If you'll give me your domain name, I'll check on some dns settings to identify how your hosting is pointing a domain.  Have you been using the domain with any other product or any other hosting company?  If so, there are a couple of extra steps in setup.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites
    Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

@djex100 wrote:

I need help with installing wordpress on a domain on my delux hosting plan but it says "This domain is already in use. Please choose a new one or enter a directory below."  How do i install wordpress on the domain as it is new dont understand why its already in use

@djex100 @rishivenkatram @Nvulane @fedupandbitchy  Hey everyone! As @JMPepper hinted at, the reason for this error is usually that the domain is already set up on hosting somewhere in our system. Even though you may have just registered the domain, that doesn't mean it was registered and hosted by someone else previously. If you're not aware of where the domain is hosted, then you'll want to contact our support team so they can help get the domain removed (provided it's actually your domain). Hope that helps! 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    GuptSewadar
    Novice

This domain is already in use

I also have the same issue. Not quite sure how to get around this.

ikbal12
    Novice

smalldream.com