cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted
    New

Wordpress menu did not transfer and I can not add menu items

I transferred an existing website to Godaddy but the menu did not transfer. I tried to add menu items but when I click save menu the items I have added disappear.

I have the same issue with the default theme and when I disable the plugins.

I have contacted the web hosting support but they don't know what to do.

Has this issue occurred before?

5 REPLIES 5
    Super User III
    Super User III

Re: Wordpress menu did not transfer and I can not add menu items

Hey there @rwpc 

Would you mind sharing the URL for the website? It could be a CSS conflict of some sort. Did you use a menu plugin, by chance? Or maybe a site builder plugin? It could be a lot of things, but we'd need a bit more information to actually troubleshoot.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

New

Thanks for the help. The site is rwpconstructions.com.au but it is under construction so I can't make it live yet.

I don't think it is a CSS conflict as the menu space on the front end states NO MENU ITEMS FOUND. I also tried to use the customizer to add the menu.  It had a similar problem. I click publish but the menu does not appear.

I am not using a menu plugin and there is not a problem with the same site on a different host. It uses the WPBakery page builder plugin.

Super User III
    Super User III

Hey @rwpc 

While I understand it works fine on another host, that's not really an indication of anything. Each WordPress installation can be quite unique, even on the same server things can work differently in one as opposed to another. 

All I can suggest is turning on wp-debugging and seeing what errors it give you. I'm willing to bet you'll find that you're getting a PHP error of some sort or a CSS issue. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Solution

There are might be issue with permalink in menu setting. 

It would be great, if you can share screenshot which error showing in your website. 

Also, we would like to know which theme and plugins are currently active to find out solution. 

You can also try with add "New Menu" in menu structure. 

> Go To Custom Links > Add URL > Add "Link Text".

This might be solve the problem. If not working then let us know. we will try to help you. 

New

Thanks very much for the suggestions. I tried adding custom links and it still would not save.

In the end I just transferred it to a different host and it worked perfectly straight away.