• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

XML Sitemap Caching on Managed WordPress Hosting

Hi WP and Godaddy experts

I have my website running on GD Managed WP hosting. The service is really good but certainly has its limitations. The problem I 'm currently facing is that I can't restrict XML sitemap (Yoast sitemaps) from Caching. We publish news items which need to be updated but Google doesn't pick up  the updated version. 

Any help?

2 REPLIES 2
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: XML Sitemap Caching on Managed WordPress Hosting

Hi, @AzharNadeem. Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

The only way I know to bypass the caching feature of Managed WordPress is by modifying the URL of the page you're accessing. This article explains more.  Essentially, you add /?nocache=1 to the end of the URL. I'm not sure it would work, but maybe you can use that when you submit your sitemap within Google Webmaster Tools. Beyond that, the only other thing I can think of is clearing your cache when you publish something. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    Highlighted

Re: XML Sitemap Caching on Managed WordPress Hosting

I have the same issue. The only way the Yoast Sitemap updates if I manually push "flush cache" every time on the WP Dashboard. I've spoken with Yoast & GoDaddy with no results. When you are a news based website publishing tons of articles a day this is a major flaw that needs fixed.