• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

cant edit my page in wordpress. Is it a plugin?

So I have had a site up for nearly 3 years and havent touched it.  Went in to try and modify some content however when I try and edit my page no content is displayed.  Checked multiple pages and while it is good when browsing to the page, when I try and edit it within wordpress I see no content merely the title and revisions.  Any thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I
    Solution

Re: cant edit my page in wordpress

@bashley8

Two possibilities come to mind with just the basic info you've provided.   You've been hacked or you have a conflict.

If you haven't touched the site in years that means things are outdated which also lends to the possibility of security vulnerabilities and conflicts.

=> Immediately update everything and do a scan with your choice of any of the free malware scanning services online so you know if the site has been compromised or not.   If the site is not infected then it is a conflict.

=> I have an article on my site that walks you through eliminating the possibility of a conflict between your theme, plugins and/or the latest version of WordPress.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
    "I failed my way to success." ~Thomas Edison

Thanks so much for your help!  Contacting goDaddy support was useless so I appreciate your assistance.  It turned out to be a plugin as you suspected and unfortunately was the 'The Creator - Visual Page Builder' which made things very simple for me as I am not a web guy at all.  I am assuming this is the plugin which allowed me to view things more graphically with drag and drop functionality and the like.  Any idea if there is another plugin which would provide this?  Regardless, I am able to see my content now and I am very grateful for your assistance!

Super User I Super User I
    Super User I
    Solution

@bashley8

Glad you sorted things out!  You can check out Beaver Builder to see if that is something that could help you out.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
    "I failed my way to success." ~Thomas Edison

Thanks again for the help!