• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

help with 503 error

I am getting a high number of messages below.  The message below came from when I was in the admin panel and wanted to manage users.  When I check "isitdownforeverybodyorjustme", it says there is nothing wrong with my website.  Any ideas?  My website is brand new, and I doubt it's getting very much traffic, and this message comes when logging in, and lots of other places.  Also, can anyone else help me optimize it so it loads faster?  I have disabled all plugins and that didn't help it load any faster.  I do have e-commerce through WooCommerce, and I wonder if that is part of the problem.

---

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

1 REPLY 1

Re: help with 503 error

Nobody has responded, but let me tell you a few things I did.  #1) I paid $80 for GoDaddy to optimize my website over the weekend.  They did a few minor tweaks, changed my theme, but I'm not sure whether it fixed anything.  #2) Sitelock notified me that a malware script had been installed and removed.  I think this might have helped, but I tried logging in immediately after the email I still couldn't login.  Overnight, I was able to login, so there could have been a caching issue on my computer.  It's definitely working much better today.  #3) I called GoDaddy again to ask about a separate issue with bots creating Subscriber usernames.  They said my firewall was pointed at the wrong place, and they fixed that issue.  I think that may have helped it load faster too.

I think the combination of all 3 issues really helped. It is working much better today.