• Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

i want transfer domain and hosting from nextra one servise to godaddy

HELLO GUYS,

i want transfer domain and hosting from nextra one servise to godaddy because i feel there servise is poor and godaddy servise is excellence.my website is  https://tryo-talks.com/..

🙂🙂🤗🙂

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
    Former Employee

Hey @tryotalks thanks for wanting to move your service to GoDaddy we can't wait to exceed your expectations! There are a few things we would need to get your domain and website moved to GoDaddy, but as every customer is unique please contact a GoDaddy guide to discuss the best option for you as we have many different hosting plans to fit your needs. Best regards, Brett M

GoDaddy | Customer Care | Hosting Support
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

Hi @tryotalks ,

When you get ready to transfer a domain name and hosting, here's what you will always need.

1. Access to registrar and domain settings, particularly DNS.  Specifically, A-records and CNAMES with their IP addresses.
    2. The admin credentials of wp site.  This will be used in migration.
    3. FTP credentials

Having these handy before migration saves time.

When it comes to wordpress, I use my GD Pro dashboard or WPMUDev dashboard for cloning an migrating.  The Pro dashboard is free and has MANY features that are not included in the mwp platform including off-server backup and cloning.  It may take a few minutes, but it is well worth the setup.  If you go this route, basically you add your old site to the dashboard, back it up, and then "clone" it to your new site.  

You can also you migration plugins -- Read this article.  When I don't use my dashboard cloning tools, I use updraft plus.  Its pretty amazing on its capabilities.

https://www.wpbeginner.com/showcase/best-wordpress-migration-plugins-compared/

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

2 REPLIES 2
    Former Employee

Hey @tryotalks thanks for wanting to move your service to GoDaddy we can't wait to exceed your expectations! There are a few things we would need to get your domain and website moved to GoDaddy, but as every customer is unique please contact a GoDaddy guide to discuss the best option for you as we have many different hosting plans to fit your needs. Best regards, Brett M

GoDaddy | Customer Care | Hosting Support
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Hi @tryotalks ,

When you get ready to transfer a domain name and hosting, here's what you will always need.

1. Access to registrar and domain settings, particularly DNS.  Specifically, A-records and CNAMES with their IP addresses.
    2. The admin credentials of wp site.  This will be used in migration.
    3. FTP credentials

Having these handy before migration saves time.

When it comes to wordpress, I use my GD Pro dashboard or WPMUDev dashboard for cloning an migrating.  The Pro dashboard is free and has MANY features that are not included in the mwp platform including off-server backup and cloning.  It may take a few minutes, but it is well worth the setup.  If you go this route, basically you add your old site to the dashboard, back it up, and then "clone" it to your new site.  

You can also you migration plugins -- Read this article.  When I don't use my dashboard cloning tools, I use updraft plus.  Its pretty amazing on its capabilities.

https://www.wpbeginner.com/showcase/best-wordpress-migration-plugins-compared/

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites